Blisk Inspection

---

I have attempted to use the scripts included in the "Efficient Blisk Measurement and Inspection" package for both the 2020 software version and the 2021 GOM Blade Inspect Pro.  In the 2020 version, running the "Create Blisk Inspection" script resulted in many of the airfoils not properly aligned and none of the reports were properly updated.  In the 2021 software, I noticed a warning against using a Pre-alignment in the project, which isn't explicitly documented on this page: Efficient Blisk Measurement and Inspection - GOM Platform - GOM Connect (except for the statement, "Prismatics/Datum Features - ALL have Alignment Required, Computed in 'Local best-fit'"), but there is no explanation for why a Pre-alignment won't work, nor is there an explanation of how to properly configure the 'Local best-fit' alignment.

Is it possible to schedule an online support session with someone familiar with the Blisk scripts to walk through these issues with me?

Thanks,

Ray Romesburg

Hello Ray,

Thank you for posting this great question.  You are correct, there is a gap (at least one) in the documentation here.  We will update it to include an explanation for not using a Pre-alignment in projects which contain symmetrical parts such as blisks and other multi-airfoil parts.

I worked on the development of this package and can hopefully help you with your application of it.  I will contact you today to arrange a date and time.

With all good wishes,

Chris