GOM 2019: Step import multiple coordinate systems

---

Hello I'm on GOM 2019 and would like to import multiple coordinate systems from a step file. But only 1 coordinate system is shown. And it seems the first coordinate system in the step file. In the step file multiple coordinate systems are available. I have checked this manual with notepad++.

Is it possible to import multiple coordinate system from 1 step file?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, STEP files have exactly one coordinate system per body. If you import a multi body STEP assembly, you get many coordinate systems. For STEP files containing a single part, you get one coordinate system.

STEP files may have some internal transformations to describe the orientation of a single CAD patch, but those are not imported as coordinate systems.

If you are sure that this file should contain multiple coordinate systems, please send the file so I can have a look

I don't know the exact specification of the step format.

When I import multi-body parts (assemblies) each part has a coordinate system. Also when I open the step file in a text editor I can recognize multiple axis systems. See in below screenshot. Do you still need the step file? If so I need to create a dummy file.

afbeelding.png.2f276af9ddbc0bc2fce44df34c04aeb3.png

In Creo 2 coordinate systems have been created and both exported. When I re-import this file in Creo, the coordinate systems are recognized.

Of course I can create the second coordinate system in GOM.