Is it possible to use the additional help point in a preallignment in a script?

---

Good morning,

I have to automate the esecution of templates but I have problem with the templates that requires the additional help point in preallineament, but when I run the script it stops. My answer is: is it possible to automate with scripts the preallignment that use a additional help point?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

sounds a little bit strange: If you use a 'Prealignment'  as initial alignment you have usually no defined starting position. Therefore the interactive point would be different each time. How do you like to script this?

If  you have always the same starting position and you like to automate your process, choose a different starting position, e.g. Bestfit by reference points (because you are using a frame/fixture with reference points on the frame).

Or can you explain why you need this special setting?

Regards,

Bernd Alpers

Thank you for your response! My goal is not to automate the preallignment if this has a additional help point, but use a preallignment with a additional hel point in a script, and I want that this script stops and let me choose the help point in all the stages. Now if I do that, the script simply stops. I hope I explained my situation. Thank you very much.

Then use your command as 'interactive' command during scripting. Replace gom.script.alignment.create_prealignment with gom.interactive.alignment.create_prealignment

The 2nd question is about the existence of a control about this? Now I know that I can use the interactive command and I want to use it under a if condition. Does it exists a object I can use under a if condition? Something like "If preallignment has a additional help point use interactive preallignment, else use standard preallignment". I search for something similar, but a don't find it. Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to view this quote.

I am quite sure this isnt possible.  You cant see this option from the alignment object so not accessible as condition.   To be honest i would look into alternative methods of alignment such that it is 100percent automated .  The best fit by ref points is good for automation.   What is your scenario ?

I have done a script that automatically updates reports and saves both the project and the reports in the correct folder. But I have some round parts that is not possible to align without using the additional help point. I've tried to use some alternative without using the additional point, but without success. So I don't know how to do for use the script with this parts.

Is the data coming from an Atos system or 3rd party ? If the former then automated or not going the direction of best fit by reference points is a good way . If its third party this is more difficult to realise.  You may have some joy of aligning to a reference mesh first as a prealingment , then a constrained fitting on cad.  It quickly gets to a point where id need to see it to advise further , sorry.

The data comes from a Metrotom. I only have one or two particular with this "problem", so I think the best way is to put under a if condition with the part number and use the interactive preallignment only for this.