How to set an alignment as the original alignment

---

Hello,

I have to put my stages aligned with the CAD and then don't move them anymore.  This because I have to pass from a CAD comparison to a mesh/mesh comparison and I don't want export the g3d aligned and then import again them. I hope I explained myself. Thank you very much in advance!

Hi Marco,

there is no "easy" way currently to delete the existing alignment hierarchy and to keep the transformation state of your meshes. Usually you shouldn't need that. I would be interested why, because it's usually better to have the parametric of the alignments and therefore you are able to add further meshes as stages even if they are not aligned. Keep in mind that report pages are also linked to existing alignments or elements are linked via 'Required alignment' -> these elements/reports would be uncomputable after the deletion of alignments.

Nevertheless, you have already mentioned one way (export/import). The other way would be copy each stage of the mesh into the clipboard and to move these meshes for each stage into a different part or replace the mesh afterwards in your existing part. Again: This is NOT recommended!

Regards,

Bernd

Hi Bernd and thank you for your response! I am working hard on a script that automate all the process, from the division of cavity, passing trough the actual/CAD comparison and the actual/actual comparison (current cavity on the past cavity), all in one without having to exit. The problem you mentioned about the elements linked via "required alignment" is not a problem because I used this solution 1 or 2 times in my templates. And if I used this solution was for construct some elements to use in the alignment, not for take measurement. My goal is to remove all the alignment, but "freeze" the pieces in the world in the position it was in a certain alignment.

In clipboard I already have the old meshes, so it could complicate my work. Import export could be a solution and I think I could try this way.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you try "transforming" the mesh?  OPERATIONS -> ALIGNMENT -> SINGLE ELEMENT TRANSFORMATION.  This aligns the mesh permanently until another alignment is assigned.