Acquisition Parameters-Checks

---

Hello everyone,

We use internal checks of ATOS to understand the scan quality and and environmental conditions. Ambient light check, vibration etc. I know that it decides whether the sensor moves unintentionally or not by evaluating image pixels. Could you please provide more information about how exactly the system determines the level of vibration and ambient light ? We always make calibration with calibration spheres  and panel but  sensor setup also has an affect on this.  Do we also need to  calibrate setup sheets to  make sure that checks of environmental conditions working  fine? 

Many Thanks,

Canset

Hi,

to be honest: We are not allowed to give you detailed information how we evaluate these checks. The algorithms belong to the intellectual property of Zeiss and therefore no "details" can be communicated.
If you are concerned that the integrated checks does not give a you clear information regarding your measurement quality please contact your local distributor with concrete data sets. He will provide these projects to the GOM support for further investigations. Nevertheless, the environmental conditions are also important for getting an accurate measurement and you should control them as much as possible, e.g. temperature of your measurement room.

Regards,

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

I do not have any intention to learn the algorithm works behind it. What i am trying to learn is that which factors in general have an  effect on integrated checks.  Could you only say that calibration with spheres  enough to make sure that these checks  works fine or there are other factors have an effect like  balancing lenses with setup sheets as a customer that i need to be aware of? These questions are only important for nadcap audit. 

We have already equipments to control the temperature, humidity and dust level in our measurement room.

Many thanks,

Canset

Hey Canset,

We haven't forgotten about you. We are just a little short of resources because of the holiday season.
We'll contact you, either here or directly. 

Until then! - Jens

Hey Canset,

Can you highlight in which Nadcap question this needed so I can help with the interpretation? Is it 4.6.3? "Is there evidence to show that environmental conditions have been assessed and appropriately controlled?"

There is a Nadcap white paper prepared for download on our website with guidance for most of the topics of AC7130/4 --> https://www.gom.com/en/solutions/success-stories/physical-digital-achieve-nadcap-accreditation-for-3d-scanning

Going in the direction you start with lighting of the area, the main thing for your process is that it once you've proven a program/set up that from there on it is consistent/fixed process. For example, the prove out should not run the equipment one day with lights off on one day and then with with lights on the rest of the time (this is obviously an extreme situation).

I know it is common and I have seen in factories that they do a weekly/monthly or similar "light intensity check", (lux) and so it should be within a threshold, minimum, maximum  and/or range. The check is of the measurement room/environment itself, not of the sensor. 1000lux is a "typical" minimum for visual inspection areas, 500 is something I've seen in some classical measurement rooms. As with all that Nadcap is striving towards, it's about processes being fixed and controlled. I imagine you have an asset care checklist set up for the daily, weekly, monthly tasks. This would be a good practice on top of this to check for change.

Please continue the thread if this doesn't get to where you need. I may have missed the point!

Have you considered going to the Nadcap meetings? I plan to be at the next one in Pittsburg next month.

Thanks, Lee