Error - Actual vs Nominal datum system point in different directions

---

Below is a pic of the errors I am getting. I have made sure if my primary datum is a cylinder both the Nominal and Actual are pointing correctly, same for any planes I am using. Every datum structure points the trihedron the same orientation as the starting XYZ. I don't understand why I am getting these errors.

To fix these errors, I don't change anything all I do is:

Right click the error > Edit Creation Parameters > Okay. I don't change anything and the error goes away.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

datum_error.jpg

There are cases when the fitting cylinders used for datum calculation come up 'technically correct' in an unexpected way: The circumscribed cylinder my pivot around when the cylinder is short, an inscribed cylinder may also come up rotated when the selection (or the mesh) is interrupted.

Another cause for this error are constructions close to the 45° threshold: This may lead to cases where e.g. planes are considered parallel in the nominal but perpendicular in the actual.

But typically, these problems persist even after edit creation, unless you opened an older project in a newer software version and the edit creation triggered an improved fitting algorithm.

If you created the datum system in the same session as you did the edit creation step, I ask you to contact the support (if possible), so I can take a look into the actual project.

Please sign in to view this username.

Thanks for the response...Do you work for the company and can look at projects? I'd have to ask for approval to do this. Anyway, I'm starting over from scratch and building all the datum reference frames at the beginning and making sure they are all pointing the right direction. Then I'm going to test about 10 dimensions with 3-5 different meshes.

After that, I'll spend the 4 hours creating the remaining 60 or so checks. I'll let you know how I make out.

We can give you direct support when you contact the GOM Support or your local distrubutor. There we have (NDA covered) channels to exchange projects.