HOW TO CONSTRUCT CYLINDER, CONE COMBINED FOR ID

---

Hello all

I am new to GOM, I am trying to inspect part (ID) without CAD as shown in picture. ID is combination of cylinder and cone both. How I can construct both ?, or should I use any other command ?

GOM QUESTION1.jpg

GOM QUESTION1.stp

Hello Sam1,

if I understand this correctly you want to inspect the inner surface of your part? What kind of inspections do you have to carry out on this? 

Regards,
Nanno

Hello Nanno 

Yes, I am inspecting inner surface of part, I just want to know if inner diameters or surfaces are within tolerances (+0.005",-0.005") of nominal values. I am trying to inspect without CAD (Stp file). Do I need to construct circle, cylinder ?, or should I do surface selection ?. Any help would be great.

Thank you 

Hello,

why do you inspect this without the CAD? 
You could create a fittingcylinder and cone and check them against the nominal values. With CAD a surface comparison should work. 

Regards,
Nanno

I guess a different way of thinking about this/phrasing the CAD ask is that with a CAD surface that describes this special shape you could do a surface profile measurement.  

ID definition is something a bit different ..you effectively have two shapes that make up the ID so it is not so easy to check.  You could take an option to slice the cone/cylinder across the axis multiple timea and create multiple fitting points from the centre of the created circles  , then create a fitting line to these points  , then check deviations from this fitting line .