Using the function "Creat measurment positions" with fixtures

---

Hello, I'm using ATOS ScanBos 4105 with Atos Core 135mm and gom inspect professional 2017.

I ask you to give me some ideas and/or key guide lines how can i use a fixture for the target stickers and stil enjoy the automatic process, when in the reality, the fixture is blocking the cameras line of sight in some positions, so eventually, i hane to add many poistion for successful complete acquistion.

Thank you

Hello Ytzchak Lupu,

if you place CAD data of your fixture in the project, the function "Create Measurement Positions" automatically checks for occlusions against it. In GOM Software 2017, just import the CAD data in the software and select "As VMR Fixture" in the properties tab "General" (in later Software releases you already choose this option during import of the CAD data). For positioning, use the functions "Transform Measuring Object to Fixture" and/or the position information in the measuring setup.

For construction of simple structures you can use this guide: https://support.gom.com/display/KNOWLEDGE/Construct+CAD+data+with+basic+3D+shapes

Kind regards,
Jan-Henrik Kluth

Hello Jan-Henrik

Thanks for your response.

The link which attached is blocked for me.

If we refer to what you wrote to me, the issue is that actually you do want the positions where the part is seemed together with the fixture who carry on the target points.

If so, you do not want the camera to avoid captuer the fixture.

So my question is whether the software can "understand" that capturing the fixtuer is a must part of the scane series, and stil see beyond also the measured part?

Thanks

Hi Ytzchak Lupu,

the link describes how to construct simple CAD structures for fixtures. If you have already CAD data of your fixture, you probably don't need it.

In the "Create Measurement Positions" dialog there is a checkbox "Consider Reference Points". If this is enabled and there are reference points on the fixture CAD, the software will actively try to always capture some reference points together with the measuring object.

You can either use actual reference points (the green ones) or create some approximate nominal reference points (blue ones) using Construct -> Point Cloud -> Discrete Point Cloud. After creation you have to set "Use reference points for simulation" in the properties of the created element.

Note, that this workflow improved in newer software releases. ?

Regards,
Jan-Henrik Kluth

Hello Jan-Henrik

I'm trying to follow the your instructions.

I imported scaned referace point file to be actual point cloud, but than, the function of transform referance point to fixture is not availabe, so i can not move them to the fixture position, even though it appear as VMR Fixture in the explorer.

Can you please guide me what i,m doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi Ytzchak Lupu,

in Software 2017 the command "Transform Reference Points To Fixture" should always be available in the menu in Operations -> Alignment. If it is for some reason not possible to use that command, there should be a yellow exclamation mark next to the "Ok" button. If you hover over it, it should tell you what the problem is. 

Kind Regards,
Jan-Henrik