Spaghetti Mesh

---

Go to solution Solved by [Na...],

I have had this happen before and ended up deleting and re-smart teaching the measurement series.
So I have to ask the question.....
Why does this happen to 'good' scan data and how can i fix it without the drastic action mentioned above?

Scan_Data_Top.thumb.jpg.d49afe04919b29d9b6c1a7fb1ca8ed66.jpgScan_Data_Bottom.thumb.jpg.ae8c43d972c09822e1c0e82741e989cd.jpgMesh_Top.thumb.jpg.c7a8b7e3ff767af716a4932886fc916b.jpgMesh_Bottom.thumb.jpg.b493733f9d3c580bf1623aed910922f7.jpg

Hello Michael,

you scanned top, then bottom, transformed the measurements and the "spaghetti mesh" is the result after the polygonisation? Could you provide us the project with measuring data?

Regards,
Nanno

Hello Michael,

is there any edge curve in your project with the measuring principle (MP) "gray value feature (mesh adaption)"?

We had a similar effect on the meshes with some of our projects using this MP... With the MP "gray value feature" without mesh adaption the meshes were all ok.

Regards,

Andreas

Please sign in to view this quote.

Nanno,

We scan in a measurement fixture with a single skin CAD. I showed both sides of scan data to show it is clean with no data mis-interprettted as the underside of the panel.

I have just read Andreas' post and that could well be the issue. For reverse Engineering our Design Team want clean mesh edges so edge curves with gray value feature (mesh adaption) measurement principle usually works. I will switch to gray value measurement principle and report back.....

Please sign in to view this quote.

Andreas,

You have just proved the worth of the GOM Forum.

Thank you so much, that did indeed solve the isssue.

• Solution

Hello,

I found the issue and will link this post to it. Workaround is to find a loop on the curve, which shouldn't be there. When the GVF measurement is not used for the calculation the curve and polygonization should be as expected. 

Regards,
Nanno