Exporting 3D model

---

Hello,

I'm using a ScanBox 6130 with the lastest GOM INSPECCT software.

It's possibile to export the 3D nominal file in the GOM software?

i would like to use it for other inspection purpose. 

Hi,

the export of the CAD as parametric surface model is not possible (by intention), you need the original CAD file.

Sorry for this answer!

Regards,

Bernd

• 2 years later...

Hello Steve,

during import or a CAD it is transformed into a mesh model and cannot "transformed" back. Therefore external software like ZEISS Reverse Engineering is needed.

Best regards,

Jens Braun

My question is what is the underlying purpose here?  Why would this functionality be useful?

The original CAD file that you loaded into the project in the first place must exist...this can be used again.  . It doesnt make sense to consider exporting it out as mesh and reverse engineering because that nominal file already exists!!   You can use the properties of the CAD model in the software to find out the file location it was loaded from.

Are you asking of a way to save time after the original import into the gom software such that you dont reload heavy nominal files again?

I use the export the CAD as "Element" -> "Selected elements / Selected elements with dependencies" and the import it into a new project into the Clipboard and then add or replace it in the desired part.

image.png.c7ed39f1f9eada4af177fed31e346248.png

Indeed Damjan , this was what i was going in the direction of.   The resultant .gelement that is exported here can only be used in the GOM/zeiss software, but it is a useful way of exporting any elements to be reused in other projects.

I wanted to know a little more on the root reason for the question as there could be woekflows utilising project templates.