Copying scans to different .project templates

---

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of update some of our .project templates. At our facility we have x2 5210 scan boxes. One with a Triple Scan 12M sensor and one with a Triple Scan 16M sensor. Each scan box has a different .project template due to the sensors differentials (12M vs 16M). Is there a way of importing the specific scans to a .project template. Currently I'm having to repeat the up-issue changes in each individual .project templates.     

Thanks in advance

James 

Hello,

what kind of updates do you do in your project templates? There is a possibility to do certain updates synchronously in multiple project templates, so that manual copy of scans is not needed. For example, update of the CAD data.

See Scripting -> Script Choice -> Tools -> UpdateProjectTemplates -> Start...

image.png.b93e3491bae1a397cf2dc6f5998f191f.png

For example, update of CAD data can be done with "Replace elements ... from .gelements file". See direct help ("?" button) for more info.

However, you can copy scans from one project into another one by

1. selecting them in the explorer,
  2. exporting them with File -> Export -> Elements -> Selected elements only...
  3. and importing them into another project with File -> Import -> File... (or by drag&drop)

Does this information help you or do you have further questions?

Best regards
Matthias Aalto

Hello,

Thanks very much Matthias. Steps 1 to 3 is exactly what I wanted to achieve.

I do have another question on another topic.

What determines the point density and spread of points on actual section. Where do I find these particular settings/parameters?

For example I have numerous sections all with varying number of points and the spread of points is not of a uniform manner.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

James.

Hi James,

this depends on the point/triangle sampling of your mesh. At each edge (connection of a triangle between two points) one point for the section is created. You can visualize your mesh structure in the Display properties of the mesh.

Hope this helps?!

Regards,

Bernd