Protect or hide scripts

---

Hi, I have written thousands of lines and hundreds of libraries in python to customize and automate processes and now I need to protect or rather, hide / encrypt my lines, so as not to give everything away to third parties. Is there a way to make this possible on the machine, so that everything continues to work but without making visible the work I have developed?
Thanks

Antonio

Hello Antonio,

when creating a package you have the option to protect the package content. The actual code is not visible for package users.

Regards,

Nanno

Snag_ef6c3d1c.png.d5eddbc9c3b4fc52adf90addf1c3271c.png

Snag_ef6c6f28.png

This is a feature available from which software version? I can't find it on Gom Inspect Professional 2018.

Thanks.

Antonio

I got a complain about protection of scripts in 2020 version maybe could be taken into account or maybe you already have a solution.

- if the script is protected BUT the script runs into an unexpected error, the error is reported without any kind of filter so that the final user could get a message like:

"Error in line 241: no file in "C:\MySecretHiddenFolder\MySupersecretParametersFile.txt"

Is there a way to protect also the error messages (of course error handling would be the optimum solution, but sometimes the error hadn't been taken into account as a possible situation)?

Hi Davide,

I forwarded this feedback to the responsible department but got no feedback yet.

And yes: Scripting is programming and serious programming cares for "error handling" (this is also in our daily work as developers a lot of amount of time to think and to care for wrong input parameters).

Regards

Hi,

no, error messages can only be hidden 'programmatically'. Maybe you could just wrap your entire solution into a try/except block raising the exception by default, which you disable just before the release ? And it is really necessary to hide error messages, too ? You will strip yourself from the ability to react to errors happening at customer sites.

Regards,
Frank

• 1 month later...