How to evaluate diameter of circle on 3D mesh?

---

Hey all,

I have a mug that has a curved inner liner. I'm trying to measure the diameter ~3.85mm from the lip. I have the parting line created in the STEP file and I can select that as a circle but once I choose "Fitting Element" as measurement principle, I get an error saying "The boundary does not match the shape of the nominal element. (The selected points do not result in a circle)".

How can I choose this parting line on my CAD model, and evaluate the diameter at this location on my 3D mesh? Help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

David

image.thumb.png.aeb3ee64dfbf25476a8f73e1bf7aa848.pngimage.thumb.png.bcc82a052f91620a887a2321711d4cc9.png

Hello there

If you know the correct distance of the top of the cup to the line that you created on CAD you could create a section that will give you two circles (inner and out circle) and then you could easily measure the Ø of the cup

Edited

Hello phphung,

as Diogo suggested, you need to create a section at this position first. Then click the circle onto the section or create a fitting circle from the point selection of the section. 

Nanno