High Transformation Deviation

---

When I'm using the turn table and scanning a part, I always receive a "High" transformation deviation warning in the properties tab for the scans. After I cut out the additional background scan data, the deviation warning normally disappears.

What is this warning trying to tell me? Why does the transformation deviation change every time I remove scan data? If I use scan data with a "high" transformation deviation, will it compromise the accuracy of my scan and measurements?

Attachment #1: Scan "M2" showing the high transformation deviation.

Attachment #2: Full scan data showing 8 measurements with high transformation deviation.

Attachment #3: Background scan data removed, now showing only 2 measurements with high transformation deviation.

Attachment #4: Final scan with all background data removed, now showing 5 measurements with high transformation deviation.

Capture - Copy.PNG

Capture2 - Copy.PNG

Capture3 - Copy.PNG

Capture4 - Copy.PNG

Edited

From your setup my immediate to check is the stability of part on the table.  If the points you put on part move relative to table the a high transformation occurs.  The software also tries to use scan data to align, so removing data that is not related to part can help these maths.  High transformation isnt good, the quality of the final model will be compromised.

I would try adding even black tack to add stability and give it another try.