Best method to start a 'New Stage?'

---

Is it better to add a new mesh for an existing project/template from a new project or to use "new measurement series?"

On a similar note, when I open the "Measure with Rotation table" does that create a new measurement series or over write the active scan? 

Hi,

a new stage is only needed for trend/statistical evaluation (or deformation projects), but trend evaluation does not support measuring with an Atos scanner.

From my point of view you should contact your local GOM Partner for an introduction which steps are for which purpose. 

Some examples:

• Measuring a new instance of a part -> work with templates 
  • Scan one specimen from different perspectives -> work with photogrammetry or with multiple measurement series and Transform by common reference points
  • Investigate an assembled situation -> work with multiple parts (may be even measuring in multiple parts is possible)

First you should clarify what you like to achieve and then you need an introduction by your local GOM partner or you need an e-Learning course. The forum is not the right place for such general questions like this.

Regards,

Bernd Alpers

Bernd Aplers, 
  Thank you. I think that gives me a better direction and I will look into posing these questions to my local GOM Partner. 

Thanks again, 

Noah Smalley