Measuring convergence angles of opposing surfaces

---

Hello guys. I am a novice to Gom and the 3d world in general. Am using the software for my masters thesis to calculate convergence of two surfaces on a STL file from a dental scanner. My challenge has been how to accurately do this as the digital measurements always come out worlds apart from the manual measurement. From the previous research they were able to make sections and do these angles. Not very clear how this was done despite working on i for a while now. Id appreciate your help on a step by step on how to do this kindly. Thank you

I have attached a sample file with intended measurements and screen shot of what other people have done.

al.PNG

previous.PNG

M6.stl

Hello Joyce,

the basic procedure would be to create the single sections (ZEISS Quality Tech Guide (gom.com)), then create fitting lines in the section and an angle from two fitting lines. The angle is then checked with I-Inspect. If you are new to the software I recommend to have look at this short introductions:

(eLearning) 780 Starter Training GOM Inspect
https://techguide.gom.com/en/gom-software-2022/article/access_point_gom_inspect.html

Regards,
Nanno

• 2 weeks later...