editing table through scripting

---

Hello all,

I am trying to create a custom table for specific needs and I need to use both statistics calculations in GOM and some other info from my script and I need to write the info to the specific columns & rows.

When I try to edit the cell through scripting, it also changes the values of other elements in  the same column  if element-type is the same.

Is there a way to edit each cell independent from the element-type ?  

Furthermore, is there a way to  import the custom table(.csv) to the GOM software only  for creating a report page? 

Many thanks,

Canset

Hello,

maybe an extra column with the dynamic keyword "comment" would work? The comment can be defined for each element separately (properties). The same should work with element keywords. Importing a CSV to the report is not possible as far as I know. You could import it as an image though.

Nanno

Hello Nanno,

Many thanks for the quick response. I tried with both comment and element keywords. Comments work just the way I want but for element keywords part, I could not be able to view the defined keywords at the same time in the table.

I have one more question, is it possible to get the value of the cell directly from the table through scripting by defining column and row id?

Thanks,

Canset

Hello James,

Probably, creating a table template will be much more useful for me without editing with the code.

Let's say I  created  a desired layout and inserted a custom formulation, is there anything I need to do to make sure that it works in every project template and make custom formulations work for every element-type properly?

Thanks,

Canset

Hello James,

I have one more question. Is it possible to write conditions in edit expression window?

Thanks,

Canset