Measuring thickness of a clear part

---

Currently I am trying to measure the thickness of a door glass out of a vehicle. I use the Aramis SX system with a 1200 bar and 8mm tracking dots and I'm using Gom Correlate Pro. I currently have it set up with tracking dots on the surface facing the cameras and then more on the backside of the glass the camera can track points on each plane. I then created planes for each side and selected 2 Point distance as a way to get the thickness since there were dots on each side of the glass. The numbers I was seeing didn't seem to correlate with the thickness the glass truly was. I also do not have a Catia model that I can align and overlay the nominal points with actual points. Is there a different method I should be using to try to collect this data?

aramis isn't the right tool here.  I dont know how you attached the points to the rear side but it automatically will place a 0.1 offset in the point direction . however this isn't the main issue .  the glass of the window acts as a further lens putting many question marks in the reliability of any data on the other side.   if you already know the thickness (not correlating) I would go with this value .  if you need a separate method of measuring the glass then you have maybe tactile options..maybe a touch probe with aramis could be used ..but likely better off as an independent measure such as from cmm, ct or non contact 3dsl/laser (with the spray conundrum)