running atos unattended

---

hi all,

we are trying to do scanning unattended. that is, a remote software will initiate the measurement process. we've figure out that:

atos -eval "import script"

will start the script, in which we can do all the steps we need. however, the ATOS program tends to display message boxes, for example it starts with a warning about software rendering beings chosen. of course, in this scenario, all dialogs are unwanted, and basically require an operator to get suspicious why it takes so long, and then RDS into the pc and click OK, or perhaps end the task with the task manager if it is not on his desktop.

is there a way to convince ATOS not to display any dialogs? or maybe some hints what to look out for?

TIA

Please sign in to view this quote.

definitely going to do that, however the example of software rendering seems to be a warning that is displayed upon program startup, not during the script execution. when invoked via -eval, the dialog didn't appear, but i can't tell why. is this because -eval suppresses it?

meanwhile i tested, and no, -eval does not suppress warnings. in fact, the warning needs to be OK-d, and only then the script executes

image.png.4ff1a266fff05f3ef6df3b316b46a2f5.png

Please sign in to view this quote.

you can switch hardward rendering to avoid this warning dialog . make sure your computer have a graphic card, a NVIDIA high performance graphics card is better. and select  help ->system analysis ->graphic card and switch to hardware rendering.then this dialog will not appear anymore.if  unable to switch,you may need update graphic card drives .

01.png.04cdf75d4a0ec26957e11caf5ea787a4.png

02.png.4252ab99aa982d663c73fd79cbb15f25.png

If you set the

TOM_GL_FORCE_SOFTWARE

environment variable to a value (I set mine to '1'), it will force use of software rendering and will bypass that dialog box.

However, I think that may also end up reducing your performance, possibly significantly.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same problem with different message. When executing active measurement series from ATOS software a message "Be ready to press emergency stop button!" appears. The same meassage appears when using script.

Is there a script command that disables/enables it?

HW in use: ATOS head and tilt+swivel

Macro recorded command:

gom.interactive.automation.execute_active_measurement_series (clear_measurement_data=True)

image.png.4b393781493ccf2ab3c4973cb0d8a20f.png

Nevermind, I found the solution. It was right in front of my eyes. I was reading through the Kiosk system scripts and it has been there the whole time but I didn't realize it before. The trick is to change the "interactive" part of the command to "script".

Before:

gom.interactive.automation.execute_active_measurement_series (clear_measurement_data=True)

After:

gom.script.automation.execute_active_measurement_series (clear_measurement_data=True)