Facet size and point distance

---

Hello everyone, 

Could you please tell me the meaning of facet size and point distance that we saw while create the surface component ?

Thank you in advance.

Hello Heng,

During the creation of the surface component you see a preview of some facets. 

The size gives you an information how big your facets will be. Standard 19 Size means a facet size of 19x19 Pixel. The grayvalue of each pixel within the facet will be used during the whole measurement to find the facet again. So the grayvalue of each facet is the footprint of the facet. 
If you use a higher size than you will be more stable in the finding of the facet but lose accuracy of the material behavior. 

The distance is the distance where an other facet is created to cover the whole surface. 
A shorter distance will increase the amount of facets which are need to cover the surface. But also increase the calculation time and project size. But you receive detail information.

The default values are 19 size and 16 distance.

You will find more information in the direct help of the SW.

Greetings, Ivan

Hello Ivan, 

Thank you so much for your answer in detail.

So as I understand,  we shouldn't use the size of facet that is smaller than the default right?

Kindly regards, 

HENG Sounean

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Heng,

No you can't say that. It depends on your measurement project. 

I recommend to use the default values. If there is the possibility to change the values you can do so. But consider the effects of those changes.

Greetings, Ivan