Separate report for each stage

---

Hi, I have 10 stages in my .ginspect project and I want to generate separate report for each stage. Right now I manually turn stages off except for one, and export report. It works but I have heard that you can do it easier and I failed to find proper setting/ menu option. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Anna,

Create a report page(s) the way you want and copy/paste them.  Then associate the various report pages to the appropriate stage.

Thank you for reply 🙂

I could do that (and sometimes I do, when I have 2 or 3 stages in project) but it is even longer solution than turning stages on and off. I want to create one report and export it for each stage without having to do this extra steps. Also, the book option instead of one picture on report page isn't what I'm looking for.

Hello Anna,

a few years ago I had the same problem for 24 levels!
I then found the attached script and it solved my problem:

The script creates a report for every single stage.

Prerequisite: you have a pro license

I last tested the script in the 2022 version.

How to use:

- Create the necessary report pages for the first stage

- Simply select the report pages that are to appear in the PDFs and start the script

- A dialog will open in which you can select the directory in which the PDFs should appear.

- If you click on "OK", you should then find a PDF with the name described above for each level.

mfg

Volker

create_stage_pdfs.py

Hi,

one comment from my side: May be these "workarounds" are now helping you with your concrete project, but this is usually not the way you should work with ZEISS Inspect. If you have a fully evaluated project for a single project you will usually create your report pages and in the end you create a 'Project template'. For the next part in your series measurement you start your project from this 'Project template': Measure or import your data, recalculate everything including the report pages, store your project and/or export your results.

The stage project itself is meant for a trend analysis and in a trend analysis project you will usually create different report pages with different evaluations. You will focus more on statistics over the stages and not for the result in each stage.

Again, you can "save" your current stage project now with doubling a lot of report pages but this is usually not the recommended workflow.

Regards,

Bernd