Measuring volume after sensor calibration

---

Hello,

We have an Atos Q with different lenses (MV500, MV270,...), and I found that, each time I change the lenses a calibration is necessary, and after each calibration, the software interface show a measuring volume different from the nominal values, for exemple with the lense MV500, I got 495x400x295 (see figure attached, in French) instead of 500x370x320 (nominal), is this normal and what is the impact? Besides, can we also give me the details on how this values are defined (length, width, depth) and what about the measuring distance?

Zilong2066375357_MeasuringVolume.png.d7f52ce0c3b8df9ce65f9e4239057910.png

• 1 month later...

During our course the instructor told us that these values depend on how exact you perform the lens calibration. So for example if the software tells you to move the sensor 25 mm closer, but you move 22 or 27, the resulting actual size of the measuring volume may differ from the nominal values.

It defines the size of the pyramid-like volume displayed in the CAD window during scanning. This is the volume inside which the measurements are within the accuracy specs. So all mesaured points outside of it are cut off. Normally this is not a problem.