Creat surface component in a designated area

---

Hello Gom team,

Can I get the point gom.Vec2d (x, y) coordinate which seems is the pixel coordinate in image through a point coordinate (x,y,z) after surface component?  
      Or how to creat surface component in a designated area?
      Thanks.

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import gom
MCAD_ELEMENT=gom.script.deformation.create_surface_component (
    computation='standard', 
    facet_size=19.0, 
    incremental_facet_matching=False, 
    measurement_series=gom.app.project.measurement_series['变形 1'], 
    name='曲面成分 2', 
    point_distance=6.0,
    selection_area=[{'polygon': [gom.Vec2d (934.2231753, 1022.1969), gom.Vec2d (1217.226795, 1025.086222), gom.Vec2d (1194.13959, 1183.882799), gom.Vec2d (942.8921008, 1157.924954)], 'select': True, 'type': 'polygon'}], 
    strain_tensor_neighborhood=1.0)

2021-08-27_185844.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Wang,

you can get the coordinates even after the creation of your surface for each point, if you export the surface component as a CSV file.

You can also create the surface component in a designated area. You can reach this goal with different selection tools such as selection inside cube. 

For further information you have to ask more precise.  

Greetings, Ivan

Please sign in to view this quote.

Thanks.

Actually, I want to check the average strain of necking area in tension test automaticly. There are two problem.

First, the tension test evalution script cannot detect the crack area. So I need to creat the necking point manually.

Second, I want to test the average strain of necking area in 1*1mm. And normal facet and distance is 19*16 which the small triangle edge is quite large. 

Then I change to 19*6mm to meet the 1*1mm area. However, creation of the surface component is time consuming and the file is very large. So i want to creat surface component with 19*6mm in a small necking area automaticlly. With this method the file is small and don't need much time.

Is there a method to do this in script?

Thanks in advance.