EXPORT DATA OF A SELECTED REGION ON THE SURFACE STRAIN MAP

---

---

Hello guys,

I am trying to compare the strain values obtained from DIC and those obtain from a strain gauge. I am currently using GOM correlate professional 2020 and I need help with getting the data within a surface region on the DIC strain map that correspond to the  strain gauge region. Right now, I could select a region on the surface through the "select/Deselect on surface button "  and compute the average strain in that selected region.. However, I want to get details about the data distribution within that selected region. Thus the reason I want to be able to export the data within the selected region that was used to compute the average strain data. Is this possible?

Thanks..

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 7.01.11 PM.png

---

Hi Benjamin,
I would recommend to update to SW2023! Here we have a feature called "Nominal Surface Components". You can directly "apply a strain gauge" on you specimen, have full control of facet sizes, and distances, have retraceability and edit-creation, ... and can also easily export the full strain field via csv/ stage data export. 
If you need to stay with 2020: create a surface component Region from your selection. You can then inspect the region for full field and average strain data and also export them via csv/ stage data export.
Hope this helps!

Best, Thorsten