Vector Field Export as CSV (GOM Correlate)

---

I am trying to export the vector field map out of GOM Correlate (free version) as a CSV file to import into other 3D software. However when I select the component in Inspection and try to export, I receive the following message "The data is not supported for Correlate Projects in the free GOM software."

Is it possible to export the vector field as CSV data ? Is it possible to export a surface component with its deformation heat map as a texture map (via .ply format) ? Totally new to GOM, would appreciate any insight !

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Olivia,

exporting data is a feature of GOM Correlate Pro and is not available in the free Correlate version.

With GOM Correlate Pro you can export vector fields as CSV data and there we also offer a ply format export for geometric data export (does not include the deformation heat map as texture map). But of course all this data is available and with our scripting function you could generate your own data export format.

Best regards

Oliver Witzel

Thanks for the reply ! I am now using GOM pro but how do I export the vector field as CSV data ? I am able to export stage data, however the only values in the csv file are coordinate information and major strain magnitude but no major strain direction/vector information. Appreciate any help. Thanks !

vectorfield.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Olivia,

could you please elaborate a little further what you want to do?
For p.e. FEA comparisons could also nicely be done within gom Correlate pro.
?
And on the other hand what directions do need in what respect? We have local strain coordinate system consisting of the local surface normal (as z-direction) and local x- and y- directions derived from the global system. Then here the local major and minor strains could be calculated. But the references will change from point to point… so this is a bit more of a tricky topic. So what do you need and what would you expect from such a csv export? Maybe you could discuss this a bit more in detail with your local partner or directly with the gom-support?

For “show”-reasons only you might want to give the following workflow a try (just a baseline here): export surface component as stl – import again as mesh – use some images (screenshots) to color the mesh: import screenshots as other image, align them, color mesh from image – export mesh as colored stl (binary option only).