8 Series Smart Teach with automated photogrammetry ( Collision Issues )

---

Hello Team,

I am running into an issue that is making my recalculation times absurd in a production setting. I am able to abide by one recalculation cycle but when I go and fix any collision errors and update positions, when I run the series it recalculates to series again and adds that same collision that I fixed back into the series. I have considered turning off the automatic in the nominal measurement series but I dont want to lose the ability to change the program automatically down the line. Is there a way to exclude a measurement from being included in the measurement path? 

In other words, I need to exclude a measurement from the series path but I need to keep it in the nominal series so that the project does not recalculate and make me wait longer times before I can run the series. 

Please let me know if you need more information as I am currently stuck switching the series into manual and creating a template that way rather then keeping the series automatic.

Please sign in to view this quote.

I am using a 8 Series with 2020 VMR Capabilities. I am programming with Automated Photogrammetry, I have a reference frame in the scanbox. 

Hi,

in GOM Software 2020 you have two other options (besides switching "Update measurement positions" to "Manual"): 

• If the position is reachable in theory, you can manually create intermediate positions (using "I-Teach") that create a collision free path to the position.
  • If the position is not reachable (or you just don't want it) you can create a "collision body" at the place of the created position. This makes most sense if the software wrongly created a position behind a narrow opening, that might be wide enough for the robot arm, but not for the sensor itself. For that you need a simple CAD structure (for example with https://connect.gom.com/display/GPF/Geometries) that you need to place in the right spot (using Alignment -> "Single Element Transformation") and set it to be a collision body (Properties -> General -> "Use CAD data").

In GOM Software 2021 we added a new command Acquisition -> Automation -> Optimization -> "Try to Repair Paths in Collision" that tries to find a different collision free path or a replacement for the problematic position. Be advised that this function might take a long time to compute. In future software releases we plan to improve that and then do this automatically inside Smart Teach.

If possible we would like to have a look at your project. For a safe way to get the project to us, please contact support@gom.com

Regards,
Jan-Henrik Kluth

• 5 months later...

Try setting nominal measurement series (F4) Update Positions setting change from automatic to manual.

This will prevent re-calculation making measurement positions just deleted!