Scan Box 1

---

Background:

We are running our Scan Box 1 primarily to check castings in large quantities at receiving inspection.  We run a script so they don't have to fumble around with the software and everything is "Automated" for ease of use. We scan both sides of the casting.  Part of our script clips at plane and we have determined the value of such to be (X) after trial and error.  We moved the head down vertically on the tripod to measure a different part and when we moved it "Back" the clipping plane was off by a ton.  We run this part on a 640 Rotary Table on a fixture.

Question:  If the Scan Box 1 is reading reference points on the table, as well as the reference points on the side of the casting, why would the plane move if the head moves up or down.  Seemingly since its seeing the Table well past the center line of the casting and generating a surface it knows where its at.  Why wouldn't it adjust itself for the change in the (Z value) after the Scanner height is changed. 

In the python script there is a "Fixture", "Table" and "Plane", is there something aside from plane i need to set here?  I didn't write the script and know just enough about programming to look at things and find what I need in order to change it.  We prompt for info at the start, once the OK button is pressed it scans with 12 rotations and tells them to flip the part over.  Once they flip it they hit OK again and it scans the other side.  When the Reference points context comes up we (preview) the click the button that takes the best points to merge the two halves and it generates the part,  checks it to our cad data and creates the report.  If we have to exit the script to modify the clipping points it will not generate the report.  For productivity purposes we want to avoid modifying the script and or running the part twice to get the report we need.  

Is there something I am missing here, do I need to scan the reference points on the table at initial start up, or after moving the head?  I came into this after they bought the scanner, was shown the basic principles of what we were doing and was charged with ensuring a smoothing transition from our engineering to receiving inspection.  Without having to go modify the script on the opposite side of the building every 20 minutes.

Thanks,

Andrew

Issue resolved, 

When the script was recorded it included the trimming, when the sensor angle changed it was using the plane created at the old angle.  I modified the script with the new points and everything seems good now.