Divergent error

---

I was calibrating the system and when I finished it said the calibration failed and gave me a divergent error.  Can any one tell me what this means? 

Hi,

for the calibration we have to solve a mathematical equation system to calculate all the parameters of the underlying model in relation to the observations (observations are e.g. the found centers of the ellipses in the images). The equation system tries to minimize the deviations of the model to the observations. Usually this equation system is non-linear an we can solve this system only via iterations. 'Divergent' means that these iterations would not stop, we do not find one "good" solution which minimizes the deviations.

The root cause for this behaviour is not so easy to derive. May be the settings of your camera model are not correct (lense parameter, etc.), may be the observations were not taken from the right positions, ...?

If you are not able to calibrate your system you have to contact your local GOM partner which could you give further hints for your particular project and your hardware settings.

Hope this helps?!

Regards,

Bernd