Scripting across different ATOS versions

---

We have an older MC-XL scanner that can only complete scans on ATOS Professional 2018 (that's the latest version it'll run). However, we would like to able to inspect the parts via ATOS Prof 2019 or later. Is there any way to use the built-in ATOS scripting to connect across different versions of ATOS? I.e. run a script that runs the scanning template in ATOS 2018, then brings the mesh into the inspection template of ATOS 2019 and calculate. 

Open to other ideas of how to automate this process for our production facility. 

Monica,

I don't recall the exact syntax (it's been a couple years since I used it and the original code was on the old GOM fourm), but if I recall correctly, it's possible to use the command line to start ATOS and pass a "-eval" argument to immediately start a script when ATOS opens. So at the end of your ATOS 2018 script, you could use an os.system() command to start the ATOS 2019 EXE and leap straight into the needed script in 2019 (It may be possible to also pass the exported mesh file as an argument? Or perhaps the 2019 script can be set up to grab the most recently created mesh in a given folder to avoid additional user input to select the mesh). I'll look through my old scripts and post the command line syntax here if I can find it. Hope this points you in the right direction!

Regards,

Michael Henson

Found it! Here's an old code snippet of mine:

os.system("start D:/Users/user/GOM/V8_SR1/bin/atos.exe -eval gom.script.userscript.Utilities__Primer_Align_V2_0(parameters={'AutoRun':'True'})")

You'll need to import the os module if you don't already do that in your code. The filepath argument should point to the ATOS 2019 EXE, and the "gom.script" argument will reference the script in 2019 that you want to run (In my example, it is a script titled "Primer_Align_V2_0" in the "Utilities" folder of the script explorer. The double underscore between the two signifies the step between folder name and script name). You can also use the parameters keyword like I did to pass one or more variables into the 2019 script (Here, a boolean variable named "AutoRun" with value True), for example the filename of your exported mesh. Best of luck!

Regards,

Michael Henson