about Nadcap Preparations with Scanbox system

---

Hello everyone,

We are preparing NADCAP accreditation for our ATOS Scanbox 5120 system. I am currently working on the white paper that GOM provided us. However, i still have some questions about asset care process including: how to perform balancing of lenses and how to check visual quality of projector. Could you please provide more info about these subjects?

Secondly, in every step software checks itself by using its own KPI's, from measuring setup to photogrammetry to scan and some internal checks also applied in inspection side, too. My question is that if it is asked,  how can we access  some limit values or KPI's the system set for itself to consider whether the operation is successful or not. 

Thanks in advance,

Canset

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Canset,

Here is a link to the ATOS 5 User Manual available in the GOM Library : https://library.gom.com/general/#tab=search&search-text=atos 5&search-info-271=10138%2C1&details=349.  Section 9 describes the Sensor Setup process.  The software provides a very nice guided workflow for lens adjustment.  

The user manuals for the other supported ATOS sensors can also be found in the GOM Library.

Many of the most important KPI's are set by the user - see Scan Point Computation Parameters in the Scanning Template and associated with each measurement and measurement series.  The limit values of some KPI's are relative.  Examples of this are the scale bar deviation in a Tritop/ATOS Plus measurement and the Fine Alignment residual ratio/s.  Since the ATOS software has to support the full range of applications, from low-end scanning to very high-end metrology for critical parts (teddy bears to turbine blades), for the highest levels of process control, it may be appropriate to establish local/specific KPI limits based on the values achieved during the MSA when the process was established.  Please can you tell us which KPI's you are using today to monitor your ScanBox processes?

Best wishes,

Chris

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your response. I reached and read the related documents about sensor set up.We are currently using ATOS 5 Airfoil sensor head.

We change the acquisition parameters(resolution,quality etc.) depending on the part geometry to be scanned. Furthermore, in terms of scan point computation, we always make sure that movement check and light check are set before scanning. I don't know anything about Fine Alignment residual ratio/s, could you please explain more about it?

I am also wondering that are there any parameters(KPI's) that the system uses to check the process  in itself and it is not allowed to adjust by the user in terms of photogrammetry and scan?

Many Thanks,

Canset