Reference points visible with photogrammetry, but not during scanning

---

Hello, I'm working with Atos Scanbox 8 and I have a problem regarding reference points.

All reference points (31mm cubes, 5,8,12mm magnetic points and 5mm stickers) that I use are visible after the photogrammetry is done, but in some cases during the scanning some points are not visible (especially 5mm stickers) regardless of the 3D view in GOM software (which suggests that those points are indeed visible). For example I can tell that the scan should get  6 stickers and all of them are clearly visible to the software, but after the data is collected I get robot position (and not reference points) because 0 points were used for positioning.

Any thoughts on why this could be happening and maybe how to avoid it ?

With regards,

Piotr

It could be a couple of things

1. Under Acquisition settings you do not have the correct sizes of reference points selected. You should have all sizes that are on your part selected for use.

2. The reference points were not collected during the photogrammetry measurements and your sensor is set to not collect additional reference points during the scanning phase.

3. The exposure time for reference points is not correct and they are either under or over exposed.

4. The reference points may be dirty or damaged.

5. Your sensor needs a lens cleaning, lens setup and calibration.

• 1 month later...

I have all this things ok, fresh calibrated lenses and ... 

and i have some "dots" witch are new and are in the range - cube 

but software do not see anything ... sory its see some reference points witch also are on fixture but about 100 mm lover and just says its too far

And also offten it cant se everything so we often using a lot of references. 

any helps ? meybe new update helps anything ? 

• 1 year later...

Please sign in to view this username.

3. The exposure time for reference points is not correct and they are either under or over exposed.

Can you please explain how do i correct these two issues- under/overexposed?

• 3 months later...