Can't not select a bigger surface component

---

Guys please help me. I can't select a bigger surface component than show attached. What should i do? I have tried to select by my own but when i select a bigger surface the program get back to this surface in green. 

image.png.9b8eb6238ee0460c937cdb65e250e5eb.png

Hello Artur,

did you try to edit the creation parameters or is this image showing the creation of a new surface? A wider screenshot would be easier for the understanding. 

The squares indicates that facets are found. So normally the SW can calculate the surface.

Greetings Ivan

Hi Sam,

i can't reproduce the missing visualization with your project. You just go into the create surface dialog and select your area and change the current visualization into pattern quality? 

This is my result: 

13-01-_2022_08-28-01.jpg

I used the latest SW 21 Hf3 Version. Which one did you use? If it's a newer one i would recommend to update your SW. 

Hi Ivan,

I don't have any updates available, so I assume that means I am on the most current version?

image.thumb.png.907e8946a9cd6db9292b0b246793792b.png

When I go into the create surface dialog and select your area and change the current visualization into pattern quality, I do not have the same result. Any other ideas?

image.thumb.png.c817e6b998ecd6289fdd0d083c50d51e.png

When I toggle the texture box, the display only changes from gray to the image. The size of the element does not change. The size did mysteriously change in between opening the files though. However, the surface size is still not complete.

image.thumb.png.13d32c575f45690d026c92f2dbf2ca7b.png

image.thumb.png.538fd62058d2f4dabd04918e406b52da.png

Hi Sam,

can you please screenshot the next time also the explorer on the left side to have a better view on which inspections and elements are currently visible.

Can you repeat the creation of an surface with those settings and please set everything else previously invisible. 

Hi,

Sure. here is a screenshot during the creation of a surface. Notice how only the positive x and y are are as slightly different color.

andimage.thumb.png.4a009d82686c03ea9178665c051e0697.png

and here is after creation:

image.thumb.png.891c0525416670e76d7cd190bc33f495.png

Here is with texture toggled on:

image.thumb.png.b86a73273f2dfa77f6dceb1f4c95a207.png

And when I go to view some measurement (in this case displacement), only the positive x and y are shown:

image.thumb.png.9a692542051bb03c7b13d7bc4bce9b60.png

I did a full uninstall and reinstall and the issue persists. 

Hello all,

It seems the display of the surface component restricts the area. However, when you display the 3D measure view, all the surface you have created appears. Can you confirm ?

Surf1.thumb.png.f543b1007893ea136a1a8c9f7fa9add9.png

Surf2.thumb.png.7ec38d66a83f0c66154510ce9f6bb25a.png

I suppose the issue only affects the display mode when you choose your surface (images superimposing), but is not considered when computing the surface strains.

Hi Alban,

Thanks for chiming in. However, I do not think that is not the case. As you can see in the last screenshot I posted, only the displacements in the small, upper right section are shown, this is the same case for strains. 

Am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

Hi Samuel,

If you draw an asymmetric surface (not a square), you will see all the surface is shown in the 3D view (as shown by the pictures I have uploaded). It seems to mean the software take into account all the surface for the strain computation. However, and I agree with you, if you want to superimpose both the speckle and the strains computed, only the left upper quadrant of the strains is shown. A solution can be to move the origin to the bottom left corner, but I don't know if it is possible without having to create a surface.

Alban

Hello together,

i forwarded the issue to our software department. It seems there is a rendering problem for the visualization of the pattern quality in 2D projects. 

If i receive more information i will let you know. 

But in fact that problem occurs only during the visualization or preview of the stochastic pattern afterwards you receive a full and right component. 

Greetings, Ivan

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I experience the same problems. The surface component only seems to be active in the positive y and x axes of the images (figure 1 & 2), even if I select a bigger area. However, the 3D measuring view does show the entire sample (figure 3). Any ideas on how to solve this issue? image.thumb.png.b6dcbc8d3d32f3e03754add4692a65c8.pngimage.thumb.png.c4e11e80ea7b364ac4b9eac79a4f2fd1.pngimage.thumb.png.c11d06af50fdec4c5b0342669624bc80.png

Edited