How to work with extremly high amount of stages

---

Hi together,
I'm using Aramis 2019 with two Photron SA X2 Cameras. Sometimes I have projects with a very high amount of stages (the last one about 250k for each camera). The individual files are very small (30kb) but the resolution is enough for me.

The cameras can save the measurement data in a few minutes via a proprietary file system to a SD Card, but it takes hours copying them on the pc. Also the import in Aramis is very slow. I don't think it's a problem with the amount of data, but with the number of files.

Do you have a hint for me how I can increase the speed when loading and processing? I work with Windows 10 and a very fast PCIE SSD (i tried two different). The Filesystem is NTFS.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• 2 months later...

Hello Narcis,
there is no possibility to speed up the loading process as of now. You are right it´s not the total amount of data, it´s more the amount of files which affects the process speed.

Nevertheless, if the amount of data is higher than the PC RAM, you will always run into trouble with processing data. This is not related to any kind of software, it´s related to the hardware.

The only proper way I could think about is to split the data into several projects and export the data you need. Then load this data in external data programs to compare.

Best Regards,
Michael