Control GOM Inspect through external applciations/software

---

Hello,

I have a customer that wishes to use GOM Inspect for inspection and reporting as part of their workflow. The data they will be evaluating may not be from an ATOS sensor as they ahve many measurement tools. They would like to issue commands to GOM Inspect through some external application/software/programming language.

The solution I gave them is to start the software with the -script option and then have the process that needs to be done in GOM Inspect as a python script which can be programmed to close the program once all of the needed steps have been completed. This seems to be working for now but it means that the process flow is broken up across multiple programming languages and files making it more complex to manage. Are there additional command line arguments besides -script? Is there written documentation for this anywhere?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

as far as I know, the only other "automation" command line argument is "-eval". This can be used to execute python code directly. With e.g. '-eval "import test_script"' you can run a script named "test_script" inside the software. But this doesn't solve your request as you still have to manage the workflow distributed on several places and languages.

There is no possibility to "stream" commands into the software e.g. by telnet socket or something like that - until you implement it by yourself in python 😉