I can't import CAD

---

Hello everyone,

I have the Atos professional 2016 program and I cannot load a CAD in STP format. I have never had a problem uploading these types of files. But with this particular CAD I can't.

The program correctly previews the CAD, but it never finishes loading it, it stays in this phase:

image.png.fd79dab77c9b8e34c7d539f72c6ca891.png

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!

Hi,

converting means that the software is resolving some complex shapes inside the file and/or compute missing information. Depending on the geometry and size of the CAD file, this can take some time.

If it is stuck, it might indicate a problem with the software or with the CAD file itself (or both), impossible to tell without looking at the file.

There are a few things you can try:

1. Have you tried the "repair" import option? By default, it should be set to "Automatic". Repairing a CAD is usually a good thing, but in some cases it might complicate the CAD causing trouble in the conversion. You could try the import with "No repair".
  2. Can you import the CAD file in a CAD program? If not, it is very likely a problem with the file (this happens; saving a CAD file to STEP is not an easy task, and sometimes it goes wrong, even for most expensive CAD programs).
  3. If you can, export it again to STEP, or even to a different format (JT, SAT, ...) and try again. In this case, the CAD program does some necessary conversion steps for us, and it is much better at it (it is a CAD program, after all)
  4. You can always ask our support and show us your file. We'll have a look at it

Thanks for your answer :)

I have requested the cad files in step format again and they still don't work, I have also tried "repair" the Cad and "don't repair" but it still doesn't work...
I have also ordered the CAD in JT format and it has worked!

How can I request your support?