Spacemouse issues

---

I have a 3D Connexion Space Explorer. It is no longer officially supported by 3D connexion which is a whole other discussion into planned obsolescence BS so I have to run a slightly older version of their software. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my issue but figured I would mention it in case. 

I am also used to using it with all settings inverted. Camera view or whatever it's called. 
Unfortunately sometimes when I start up GOM inspect it overrides my settings so that everything is reversed. If I open up the 3D Connextion settings and make changes it does not change the behavior. I can completely close all 3DCX apps and it still behaves this way which makes me think it's something integrated into GOM taking over. 
This is extremely frustrating. 
I have resolved it sometimes by restarting my computer but naturally when I have a bunch of apps open and am trying to maintain an efficient workflow and rhythm it completely wrecks it. Or I just try to suffer through with mouse navigation. 
Is this something I can fix in some settings? Or is this a bug in GOM inspect? How can I resolve this issue? 

• 4 weeks later...

Still having this issue. I have even restarted the computer and tried various things and now I can't get it to use inverted settings at all. It may even be after doing the last update that it went to where I couldn't change it at all. 
At one point I was able to get it working properly after changing settings and then rebooting the computer but I think that may have been before the last update. 

Hello yoshimitsuspeed,

Unfortunately we don't support third party hardware like the 3Dconnexion SpaceExplorer. Furthermore our software reads only the mouse inputs (in your case from the SpaceExplorer). We don't change system parameters - so we don't have influence on 3DCX apps.

In our software it is not possible to invert the mouse/viewing axis or settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Matthias,

I feel that your statements may not be entirely correct.

GOM did add hardware support for 3Dconnexion devices quite a few years ago. That was back during the previous SpaceExplorer mouse generation. In fact GOM made a bullet point about the new improvement at their user conferences. I'm sure your could look back on those slides and find out exactly when that was added to the software. I remember, because for me it was an exciting feature, but it turns out, never quite worked right. I made a suggestion about fixing the missing options back then, but unfortunately just got a run around instead.

Still, it is currently possible within GOM to change the input parameters of both the previous generation and current generation of space mice. (see images) I have both and sometime still use my old wired SpaceExplorer, but prefer my newer wireless version. If your a CATIA user then you understand that a SpaceMouse is a required device.

However the built-in GOM Software 3D Mouse integration to this day (2021 HF6) is still missing all of the standard reverse axis options in the GOM dialog.

Finally adding those simple options would be an ideal update to future release. Since the occasional GOM user (like me) could then finally standardize the GOM 3D mouse behavior with all of my other software based on my user's preferences.

GOM 3D Mouse Properties.jpg

3Dconnexion Settings.jpg

I totally agree with Jeremy. This issues were touched in this topic earlier this year: 

I had a phone call with GOM and it's on their feature/bugfix list, but no timeline was given.

Thanks for your feedback Jeremy and Jan. I talked to the relevant developer and added this to the list of software feature requests.

• 1 year later...