Export .pdf files are excessively large

---

I use the ARGUS software and the exported 8 page .pdf report is 90MB! Even zipped this file is excessively large to email. How can a standard .pdf report be created that is the normal 500 -800KB range?

Hello, Mr. Bartosik!

Does your report contain any videos? Maybe you can get in contact with our support, so that we can have a look at the project?

Kind regards,

Thomas Trentmann

• 3 weeks later...

No videos, when I'm finished with my project I'm basically going to File > export > all pages > .pdf and 8 pages are 90MB in size. I don't even know how an 8 page .pdf can be that large.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Phillip,

a PDF file can get that large (90MB) if it contains large pictures or graphics and is exported in high quality.

To reduce the file size you can try to lower the output quality of the PDF. In the export dialogue in GOM Software you have the option to choose between high, medium and low quality. This should change the file size accordingly.

If this doesn't help we can have a closer look at it. You may ask your local distributor/service partner or contact us via mail e.g. (support@gom.com).

Best regards,

Matthias

• 2 weeks later...