Generate reference point markers in Gom Inspect

---

Goodmorning,

In Gom inspect it is possible to print reference markers yourself. Now we have printed this with an inkjet printer but the coded dots are rarely recognized by the software. Maybe the contrast difference is too small? Is Black Not Black Enough? Are What prescribes GOM for printing these Dots?

05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The solution has already been communicated via GOM Support, for the sake of completeness I also document it here.

The point ID is very close to the coded ring, so the point detection fails. The solution is to set the point ID to small or to disable it completely.

• 6 months later...

in the image of the dialogue box there is a drop down 'Point Ids'.  in the image this is sent to large. 

just some other thoughts based on when I've done this in the past 

- its reasonable for a test of a setup - id be cautious on using for higher precision tasks as you are introducing a variable no one can sensibly qualify .

- Hard to achieve the sharpness of the official points .

- leave id on small in case you need to investigate for accidental duplicates 

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind: Printing your own points can reduce the accuracy of your measured data dramatically. If the printed point is not an exact circle or the edge is not sharp enough you break some of our assumptions during aligning measurements together. This results usually in an inaccurate measurement without any chance to increase the accuracy afterwards. 

Regards,

Bernd

• 4 weeks later...

Please sign in to view this quote.

We are looking forward to purchasing those coded points for our ScanBox, i can't find any information where to get them from Zeiss/GOM, could you give me a hint whether or where they are available (Germany)? Thank you 🙂

Kind Regards

• 4 months later...

Please sign in to view this quote.

I only find these coded reference markers for sale in the USA. When I asked help from GOM they come up with the idea that actually these points are generated in the software. We using them with no issue since.