Parametric nominal values

---

Hello, 

I'd like to now if it's possible to create some "nominal values" that we can use multiples times in others creation elements likes offset planes or sections and keep the link with the nominal value (keep the parametric effect of GOM Inspect).

Like distances or offsets are entered "manually" in dialog box, i can't reuse a previous value for antoher identical construction.

Is that clear enaough ?

I could send some screenshots if you want...

Thank you very much,

Julien

The simple answer is: No, not in the way you expect it (I guess). But sometimes you can solve some application with 'User defined Inspection principles'.

More concrete application descriptions could be helpful to create a a request ticket.

Regards 

Thank you Bernd for your answer...

iI already know and use frequently UDIP, but still, we need to contruct our sections first :

710210960_Capture01.thumb.PNG.5e14285e177bdc8a64e62d8a2f851610.PNG

1631602755_Capture02.thumb.PNG.bb180472c70e18f61beb66dfe0020921.PNG

779047814_Capture03.thumb.PNG.2d9d0b0e2c5d6e093a9b8dc88f7218d2.PNG

for example in this case, I'd like there is one parameter X = 700mm and then reuse it each time I need it

for instance, if I change it's value, all the construction would be updated at the same time.

In that kind of parts, i need to contruct sometimes :

5 "plane sections" on each blade with 5 offsets

5 "circular sections" on each blade with the same 5 offsets

it would be easier if I have 5 parameters A/B/C..E and reuse them for all the contructions...

Thanks again and maybe it could be a great impovement for GOM Inspect ....2024 ? (or maybe earlier 😉...)

Julien

Bernd, 

I can send you an exemple project if you want, but only for private use, not in public.

Let me know...

Regards

Hi Julien,

thanks for clarification of your request.
I forward your request! Projects like this are already available in our company!

Regards,

Bernd

Please sign in to view this quote.

Hi Bernd... and thanks again. I a already in touch with Valentin SCUBLA from French GOM Support team.

for the request, I could present the things like I think they could be done :

1. Create a new kind of element like "parametric value" (eventually with different values for nominal and actual, but for me I think one single unique value is better) in the same spirit with user defined values :

Capture.PNG.11c8f741659d54f5b5f46ed4cf0a85f1.PNG

Then, in each dialog box where you have to put some value "manually", add a button for making a "link" with one of the parametrical value of the same type :

691119987_Capture02.PNG.05da2912ff0c0fe7058e1e588ce1d0b1.PNG

The "must" would be the same sort of editor we can find on "user defined check" for make some basic formula with the parameters like addition, multiplication, etc... :

1412791849_Capture03.PNG.b50b78866c6bf607fadcc6c23d051f69.PNG

that's it... 

it could be really helpful on some projects...

I am really impatient to know if the Dev team could think to this possible evolution...

If anyone have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me, even in private by mail.

regards,

Hi,

our responsible application lead will contact you (quite not sure if he contacts you direct or via the Forum).

The idea is not new but the technical impacts are not as small as you can imagine 😉 

Thanks again for sharing your ideas with us, I promise we will keep track on your requests but I can't promise if or when we will realize it in the software.

Regards,

Bernd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julien,

Today, we have two approaches which could be used to reduce the amount of work and the risk of making a mistake when creating the airfoil inspection for your example Nozzle Guide Vane segment.

1. UDIP + UDIP
    1. Define the inspection on one section on one of the vanes.
      1. Use a local CSY (Stacking Axis CSY) as the parent element when defining the Plane positions for the inspection sections on the vane.
    2. Create a UDIP with the Plane of the completed airfoil inspection section as the Parent (UDIP_1)
    3. Apply UDIP_1 to inspect the other x4  sections on the same vane.
    4. Create a UDIP with the local CSY as the Parent element which contains all x5 airfoil inspection sections.
    5. Create local CSY (Stacking Axis CSY) for each of the other vanes
    6. Apply UDIP_2 to the local CSY's to inspect the other vanes
  2. Use the Efficient Blisk Measurement and Inspection package
    1. See here: https://connect.gom.com/display/GPF/Efficient+Blisk+Measurement+and+Inspection
      1. I would recommend defining the left or right hand vane as Vane_1 since it can be more awkward to define the airfoils to inspect if you choose any other vane.
    2. Brice Yardin is experienced with this package but feel free to ask for help should you need it.

I hope you find this helpful.

Cheers,

Chris