Import all rows from csv file into a Value Element?

---

Hello!

When reading about importing Value Elements for analog values, it says that "the GOM software automatically converts the analog values to the interval of the existing stages." As such, if the imported values were recorded at a higher frequency, then the in-between values will be lost. In my case, however, the values I wish to import were sporadic and irregular (i.e. did not have a regular frequency).

My question: is there any way to import all of these values, rather than importing at a frequency determined by your image capture rate at the time of recording?

My thought is that, when switching from the "index" view to the "timeline" view, the timeline would become pseudo-continuous (maybe to 0.01s or even less). Therefore, if you recorded at 1hz during time of capture, then you would see the same image at every increment (0.01s) until you get to 1s, then you would see the second image at every increment until you got to 2s, etc.

That is just a thought about how it might work. Perhaps there is another way.

I have uploaded some toy data that ranges from 0 to 1 seconds with corresponding values as an example of what I am trying to import.

Thanks!

Toy Data.csv

Hello Autstin,

The only solution I could imagine is to duplicate the existing stages and then import the file. 

The workflow described by you is not possible at the moment.

Best regards

Daniel Schrein

Thanks for replying! I've found a way to import the data using the ASCII import, but it contains to time information. It might be as good as it gets!

The data is imported as a point cloud via the ASCII import option. However, the data only appears in the first stage. Is there any way to make the data appear in every stage?

Wow, this is a crude hack and misuse of the point cloud... Anyway, if it works for you and you want the element visible in all stages, just import it as nominal point cloud instead of an actual point cloud.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! It does work in that it keeps it for all stages, but now I can't switch coordinate systems without it moving and I also can't perform a deviation to geometry check.

• 11 months later...

Hi Austin, you can change the import type in the ASCII Import. There should be also "Actual Value element" available. Here the data can be imported as you mentioned. You need the synchronization column (time) and missing values at stage times will be linearly interpolated.