Selection in 3D

---

Hello there 

I am trying to do selection (Edit>Selection 3D>Geometry-Based Selection>Select Circle-Based), cannot make it work (as shown in picture), any ideas would be great, thank you.

GOM.jpg

GOM4.stl

Hello Sam1,

do you want to select the edge of your bore with this function? It will only work well on 2D-data like sections or curves.

You could measure the circle by a section, which can be used to fit a circle in it. The selection tool should work on that section as well. 

Regards,
Nanno

Hello Nanno

I am trying to select whole area under this circle (as shown in picture), Is there any other way ?, I am trying to do precise selection (circles, rectangle, or curve etc.) to minimize effort.

What is the use of edge selection (section) etc ?

GOM.jpg

Hello 

1. I tried it works well as shown in (PICTURE1), only problem, its doing selection through surface, selecting extra. I am trying to do (Select on Surface).

2. I tried different way (Edit>Selection in 3D>Other selections>Selection by Curve), having same issues, as shown in (PICTURE2), even through, I checked (On surface only) button.

Any better ideas, so I get selection only on surface ?

PICTURE1.jpg

PICTURE2.jpg

Two Ideas:
-select the cylindrical parts with the cylinder-based selection, the planar part plane-based
-use the clipping tool to only show the areas you want to select and click select all 

image.thumb.png.5fcfebe02fa9316dbd2b64a8c5124f40.png

Regards,
Nanno