User defined script is empty after crash!!

---

Hi everyone,

I had a script running on GOM. But, there was a fail in gom. When I check the script an results, I can see the script file but, all the codes are deleted. Is there any other way to find this file? Could you help me please?

Hi,

if I have correctly understood, you had a script, but now this script is blank, is it correct? This happened also to me, and this happened while I try to modify a script in the computer 1 but in the same time I had the script editor opened in another computer (for example computer 2). I restored the script only because I had a daily backup that save my scripts. I think this is a bug, and now I am very careful to edit the scripts.

Reading this the first time, should definitely not happen, of course. Were multiple applications editing the same script at the same time involved in both cases ? You can find the script database in %APPDATA%/gom/2022/gom_scripts (replace '2022' with the correct application version). Is the script still available there ?

And which application version/revision are you using ?

BTW, a best practice to keep copies of the edited scripts is to add an external folder containing the scripts to the script editor and manually setup a git repository in that folder.