Alignment STL + IGS

---

Hi,

We received an STL file + IGS file with 'tastpunkte'. Both files use the same coordinate system. 

But when I want to try to align both files to X,Y,Z axles.. then only the STL file will align (3-2-1 method). The IGS file doesn't follow the same alignment. 
How do I align both files together to a coordinate system? Thank you.

GOM Inspect 2018 I use.

Edited

Hi,

are you sure that the imported elements from the igs file are also actual elements and not nominal elements?
Have you really used the alignment commands? If yes, all actual elements without construction commands should be transformed via the alignment.
There are also 'Single element transformation commands': The usage is only recommended for special needs and you needly exactly to know what will happen.

Regards,

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for your reply. Yes the IGS file is a nominal element. I need it to be nominal so I can use the tastpunkte in my CAD program.
Is it possible to align the STL (actual element) with the IGS (nominal element) together? 

Hi,

simple answer: Not with an alignment! An alignment only transforms actual elements in our software.

You can transform elements selected in the explorer via 'Single element transformation' functions, but be aware what you are doing. 'Single element transformation' functions are destroying the existing parametric of constructed elements and therefore this processing step must be applied as early as possible (before you start further construction or inspection steps).

Nevertheless, your project settings seems strange to me. Usually nominal elements/CAD are already given in the 'Inspection coordinate' system and you align usually only actual data to given nominal data. If you have valid support contract I recommend to contact the professional GOM support for clarifying your special task.

Regards,

Bernd