Inspecting Point Clouds

---

Are there any plans to support point cloud inspection in the future? I would like to use Gom Inspect to inspect sparse data collected with CMMs and vision systems.

What functionality are you missing? In general computation using sparse point cloud should be possible. For dense point clouds it seems to be a good idea to polygonize your data before to make your inspection smoother. If you run into problems we like to hear from your to understand your problem in detail.

For starters, it doesn't seem possible to perform a pre-alignment with just a point cloud. I'm currently using 2020 - has additional point cloud functionality been added in more recent versions?

This is correct. The _Prealignment_ algorithm works only on meshes and in the moment there is no plan to extend this to sparse point clouds. But you can use simply a different starting alignment: 3-2-1 for instance or 3 point alignment. 

Regards,

Bernd

Edited

I see. I love Gom Inspect and I used it often at my day job. I'd like to purchase it for my personal business as well, but I'm hoping to get an application that can inspect sparse point clouds and meshes alike.