GOM Inspect 2022 - Possible to copy package content?

---

Go to solution Solved by [Na...],

Hello! I have a question regarding packages within GOM 2022. I am creating a custom package for our company that contains various custom surface comparison legends, label/table templates, scripts, and the like. My original thought was to maintain a "development" package on my PC where I would test and maintain these custom components, and have two "release" packages for other users to install, a full version and a lite version depending on their use case. The problem I have run into is that once I add my customizations to a "development" package, they become integrated with it and I cannot seem to copy them to an alternate "release" package, nor can I copy the package itself to edit separately. Is there any built-in way to maintain parallel packages in this manner? Or will I need to condense everything into a single package used for both development and release? Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Henson

• Solution

Hello Michael,

a direct copy of a package will not be shown by the software. You can however copy templates and save them to another package after you edit them.

Regards,
Nanno