How to align a rotated part and have many of the same details on it ?

---

I often have these issues. You can try with three approaches: 1. using a prealignment with a long search time, 2. using an additional help point, 3. building successive alignments to approach the desired result. The alignment that allows you to do this is the alignment based on geometric elements. As a primary, you can use a plane, as a secondary, a cylinder or a circle (from the image, I would see a minimum circumscribed circle on the outer part of the section as a good fit), and a caliper disk on a selection that identifies a point of maximum (for example, on the inscription or other elements I can't see in the image you posted). the important thing is that you identify a point on the reference that you can measure in the mesh even if the mesh rotates). After aligning based on geometric elements, you need to construct a total best fit that depends hierarchically on the alignment for geometric elements, and finally, the alignment required by the design that depends hierarchically on the best fit. I am attaching an image that I hope will help you understand.

image.png.36fd1f4557bcddd5d5a3fd60196d888b.png

Mình đã xuất file.STL cùng hệ tọa độ mình nghĩ nó giống như cách tiếp cận thứ 3 của bạn nhưng khi căn chỉnh trước (option search: lâu) nó vẫn báo lỗi như khi căn chỉnh trước (option search: normal) thì nó hoạt động bình thường. Vì vậy, khi tôi thực hiện nhiều cảnh cho vai diễn, tôi không thể kiểm soát được.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

You haven't to export STL, you have to make a preallignment and then a secondary alignment just for block the rotation. For do this you have to use geometrical element: a piano in Z for block 1 translation (Z) and 2 rotation (around X and Y), a cylinder or a circle to block 2 translation (X and Y) and a point to block the last rotation around Z. To make this point you have to identify a point on the reference (CAD or STL) and then measure it on the mesh. In your case I think you have to identify if there is a point higher then others (for example a specific letter) and then measure it in the mesh using a disc caliper on selection, for example. Then a second total best fit, and then your alignment, for example a RPS. I have not access to your data, so it's not simple to help you.

Thanks for your support
The first method is really time-consuming in the measurement process.
The second way, switching to other stages, also has to modify the points scored on CAD and Mesh, so it will not work.
The third way will be reasonable for measuring many items.

image.png

2.png

3.png

General comment: If the 'Prealignment' works not reliable enough on nearly-rotation-symmetrical parts you must choose a different 'Initial alignment'. A lot of customers are using a kind of 'fixture' with applied reference points and uses then the 'Bestift by Reference points' alignment as initial alignment.

We are planning to extend the 'Prealignment' functionality for parts like that (with additional user inputs on the nominal CAD), unfortunately I can't promise when we will start this development.

Regards,

Bernd