Significant Performance Differences and Resource Removal in Zeiss Inspect 2023

---

I am currently encountering a challenge with the Zeiss Inspect software, specifically between the versions of 2022 and 2023. I have been executing the same Python script on both versions and have noticed an enormous performance disparity - the script runs considerably slower in the 2023 version compared to the 2022 version. This marked performance degradation is affecting my workflow significantly, so I am eager to find a resolution. 1702294413_2023-07-27164501.thumb.png.668c58ea12725e4792078fd6897a574f.png

In addition, it seems that the 'resource' feature, which was available when inserting element values in the 2022 version, has been removed in the 2023 version. However, the command for this feature still seems to be available. The 'resource' feature is critical for my tasks, and its removal has impacted my ability to perform certain operations.

I was hoping someone in this community could assist me in resolving these issues. Could anyone provide insights into why there might be such an enormous performance disparity between the two versions? Also, is there a way to reintroduce or import the 'resource' feature into the 2023 version?

I deeply appreciate any help or guidance that can be provided.

Hi,

which version are you using ? The screenshot looks like an early 2023-RC.

• Performance: Could you provide the exact script where this happens ? Our benchmarks here are not showing performance regression in general, although in the RC we are still having some problems with large resources and large files when add-ons are protected. This does not seem to be the case here ? Judging from the script in the screenshot the PyQt setup time seems to have increased. Is the performance regression happening specifically in that domain or are there other examples ?
  • Resources: This should of course work as usual and inserting resource accesses must be possible via the token insertion dialog (via F2). Unfortunately these second level interactive features are not as densely tested as non-interactive features, so there might be an error in the 2023-RC. We will check and correct this ASAP.

Yes, I am indeed using the 2023 RC version. Upon testing, the issue occurs during the gom.app.resource reading time for images and icons, which has increased compared to previous versions. The 2022 version took only 0.51 seconds to read these four files, but it takes 8.86 seconds in the 2023 version. This issue is not limited to PyQt. My test code is as follows:

icon_bytes1 = gom.app.resource[":icon/favicon.ico"]
icon_bytes2 = gom.app.resource[":icon/search.png"]
icon_bytes3 = gom.app.resource[":icon/reset.png"]
icon_bytes4 = gom.app.resource[":icon/visibility.png"]

As for the 'resource', thank you for your reply, I understand the situation now.