Doubts on Virtual clamping

---

As a student, I am currently working on a project about virtual clamping and I have a few questions that I would like to clarify. Your guidance and expertise would be greatly appreciated.

1. I would like to know if it is possible to perform scanning on sheet metal parts without using UPD (universal pneumatic device) for virtual clamping.
  2. I am considering using the De-warp package for virtual clamping on sheet metal parts. Would this be a viable option?
  3. can I apply the deformation model generated by the voxelizer script for virtual clamping?
  4. if I decide to use the De-warp package, would it be necessary to use gravity compensation?
  5. when I use gravity compensation for virtual clamping, it results in a completely deformed shape. Could you please provide some insights as to why this is happening?

I would be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations you may have for my project.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This was covered in a support case, since it is out of scope for a forum. 

In short, the free de-warp package has limitations in the calculation method and is only meant for rigid parts. Deforming parts need the UPD for good results.
I will move this topic to mesh inspection. Although the name suggest this would be the right subforum, it is meant for Topics regarding the Correlate Software.

Nanno