stagewise editing in a stage project

---

Hello everyone,

I have a stage project in which I need to make adjustments due to the variation in actual data.  However, when I changed some actual parameters in one stage, I want to keep other stages as the same. I can use different projects but it is difficult to manage and I want to use statistical tools in table function.Is there a way to do that?

Recently, I found that there is a function called stagewise editable element but could not able to reach documentation to understand how to use so I am not sure if it is the thing that I am looking for.

Thanks,

Canset

Hi,

our parametric approach does not allow this in general (for good reasons). There are some exceptions but only a few (e.g. initial alignment could use other input settings for each stage). If you change the parametric of an element this change is applied to all stages (via Recalculate). Otherwise you would be able to combine statistical data over the stages with complete different semantic meanings. 

Try to adapt your parametric that the results in all stages are sufficient. Sometimes you have make modifications to your parametric, sometimes you have to manually modify  your source mesh. But this depends massively on your data and your evaluations which operations make sense. You can contact the 'Professional Support' to analyze your concrete dataset, may be they can give you further hints.

Regards,

Bernd