Exporting measurement sequences over an extended period of time

---

I have a test that is going to run the course of a few weeks. We don't need the camera to run that entire length of time. What we would like to do is take a sequence of images every hour, save that sequence of images onto a hard drive, and then once the test has been completed compile the sequences into one project. From my understanding I would need to use the export all active stages as image series function. But I've noticed that every time I try to do this it overrides the previous stage that I saved. 

Is there an easier way to save multiple stages with a unique name? I'm aware that in order to automate the process I would need to use the python script, but I figured that I should first find out if this is even achievable in the first place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

in general a custom export with a name is possible. The name could be a static part like the project name and a dynamic part like the stage index for example, but I don't know your exact application. 
(Moving this question to the customization forum)

Nanno

• 5 weeks later...

If you want to take a number of images each hour you can do something like:

image.png.14f8749bcddca79307b1e257520008dc.png

A scripted solution would be better as you save working copies/ project in between. Something like:

while true:
    do measurement
    save project
    wait X seconds